Bernardo Cañas, CWNS Coordinator, told us about his experience of dealing with homeless people with a view to encouraging them to make use of the Coventry Winter Night Shelter programme.
1) For one brain-injured client, with alcohol-dependency and epilepsy, at present in hospital
2) For those who, regretfully, have to be refused access to CWNS because of the risk they present to volunteers e.g. a history of violence
3) For the 35 people interviewed by Bernardo who are now benefiting from CWNS, and for others to take up the remaining places
4) For daily problems and challenges e.g. for possible issues arising from the forthcoming interregnum at St Oswald’s, Tile Hill
5) For another venue to relieve St Columba’s, at present hosting for two nights weekly.